What is YOUR most defining moment of learning discovery, & what did it do for YOU?
If you’d like to know:
- How as a kid he got a $23,261 line of credit from his bank manager when he was barely out of his high school shorts and had just discovered girls..
- How he entered the UK’s top-ranked business school, despite the admissions tutor (a grizzled senior lecturer in accounting) telling him to his face he’d never let him in.
- How in June 2007 he bought a new car for his wife, which became a total loss in an IL ice storm on Jan 6, 2009... but he got more money from the loss adjuster of Encompass Insurance for the car than the total selling price he paid Atlanta Toyota some 18 months earlier when the car was brand new (and it was a standard insurance policy, with a stock unmodified car)..
.. then you’re reading the right email, because all is about to be revealed to a limited number of Chicago Toastmasters in a free research study invitation sponsored by a member of ET (Extreme Toastmasters): Simon Kennedy Rose joined ET at the end of last year.
Research Study INVITATION with the University of Illinois & Third Force Negotiation
Thirty years ago, when he was in his early teens he had the good fortune to align himself with one of the world’s top consultant negotiators, discovering the core ideals that would change his life. Oddly, adults around him didn’t seem to know this stuff (as the results above illustrate).
If you’ve seen him at Extreme or Viewmasters, you might have heard him talking about hostage-crisis negotiation, or ‘what’s the worst thing you can do to a negotiator?’
He is in Chicago to conduct a research study on effective negotiation, but not just one or two snippets of best practice advice... he is here to test a whole program from his original mentor in the UK, which he says will eliminate your negotiation mistakes – literally overnight; that means dramatic results, dramatically fast for both your business & your personal life.
Not Your Father’s negotiation skills
This is not any ordinary ‘chalk & talk’ presentation, there are NO lectures, only games, simulations, case studies, exercises & activities – you can find more about these over on the Third Force Negotiation website, and videos of people who undertook this training last year and what they had to say about it.
There are a limited number of seats available for TWO sessions:
- Tuesday, May 14, 9 am to 6 pm (a condensed one-day seminar)
- Wednesday & Thursday, May 15 & 16, 9 am to 6 pm (for the full two-day program)
In these workshops you will discover the hidden universal truths behind best practice negotiation, and all the principles, processes & behaviors Simon’s been applying for the last three decades to great effect. This is a full-blown state-of-the-art corporate negotiation-training program that companies pay thousands of dollars for, and it is new in the USA.
Simon’s offer is very simple – in exchange for your participation in this research study (developed by the University of Illinois Business School) and your promise to share your experiences & provide feedback (and at Toastmasters this is our specialty) he will lay on the training for FREE to a limited number of Toastmasters on a first come, first served basis.
There are only two conditions and one request:
You may attend his world class negotiation seminar FREE, if you agree to
#1. Reserve your seat while space is available;
#2. Notify the organizer ASAP if you cannot attend for any reason, so that another Toastmaster can take your place. Please do not take up a limited seat if you are not certain of attending.
Lastly, please share this email with as many Chicago Toastmasters and clubs as you can.
It would be great to have as diverse a mix of people as possible.
To Reserve Your Seat
Visit EventBrite and enter the promotion code EXTREME to secure your invitation for the Third Force Negotiation Research Study.
See you there!
- and for all Toastmasters, this is not only your chance to come out as a master negotiator, but also to observe John Horton working a room; John is an accomplished public speaker and trainer of vast experience (his impressive testimonials are on the Third Force website)
John previously worked 35 ‘short years’ for Milliken, one of the Fortune 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’, where he was responsible for the training of 3,000 of Milliken’s managers worldwide. John says this material “is the most powerful corporate training program I have ever come across” and he is on the video links talking about it.
- Simon’s negotiation mentor, who he affectionately calls “Yoda”, is an internationally recognized authority in the field, who has published 15 books in over 18 languages all on negotiation, and spent over 40 years researching real life negotiations to identify what works, and most importantly, what doesn’t. He has also represented governments and handled $400 million disputes, and Simon says he is “one of the best kept British secrets”, although this little study is one of the first steps to correcting for this (with your help!)
If you want to become a better speaker, you need to watch and learn from better speakers.
Extreme Toastmasters (ET), home of two District Champions and President's Distinguished Club,
is having their Table Topics contest and International Speech contest on:
Wednesday, February 22 at 6:15 PM at 100 W. Chestnut, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL.
Food and snacks will be served before and after the contest.
If you know someone who wants to see experienced speakers at the top of their game…
bring them on down to ET and see how the best make it happen!
Come watch presentations from some of the best and vote for your favorite!
Food, Fun, Toastmasters…who could ask for anything more?
Here is the list of incoming ET club officers:
Club President - Maria Matarelli
Club VP Education - Kenneth Brezinsky
Club VP Membership - Pres
Club VP PR - Amy Basic
Club Secretary - Marilyn V. Bergstrom
Club Treasurer - Monika Markgraf Lee
Club Sergeant at Arms - Tim Wilson